Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Screw Fox News and (most) of MSNBC

I'm so weary of these two. I've continued to watch both, but in smaller doses as time goes on. I'm sick of the prime time hosts and their sycophantic guests. I give points to O'Reilly for at least having some folks on with opposing viewpoints, but his sense of self-importance and his condescension make me switch him off within about 3 minutes. Not even going to start with Hannity, Cavuto and (the batshit crazy) Glen Beck- fair and balanced, my ass. The Faux News morning crew is not even deserving of pity. They make me cringe.

MSNBC's daytime coverage is much better than the a 2-headed beast they have working from 8-10 pm. Olbermann and Maddow have become almost as annoying as the Fox bunch since Obama was elected, an arrogance that was there before, but now with too much added smug for my tastes. Keith was a voice of truth for many years, but now I just watch the "Worst Person in the World" online to avoid the rest of the show.

2 things good about MSNBC- Norah O'Donnell and Morning Joe, (ironically the most conservative show on the network)

Poor CNN. The best talent and the least watched. Jounalists Anderson Cooper, Christiane Amanpour, Jack Cafferty and Campbell Brown deserve better and so do we.

Still can't stand Larry King :D

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you regarding both FOX and MSNBC. A democrat forever, I still can't swall the unadulterated bias of either station. There has to be a moderator who does exactly that -- moderates moderately. What happened to the days when reported reported; they didn't pontificate. Thanks for well stated opinion, Tim!

    ReplyDelete