Monday, May 11, 2009

Greetings and Salutations

It seems appropriate that my first foray into the this corner of the blogosphere should be about language. You'll find that I write almost exactly like I speak, so grammar nazis are gonna have a field day with me. Oddly, I feel quite the opposite about spelling...mostly. I spellcheck everything, but there are certain words I stubbornly continue to use despite knowing I'm using them incorrectly, (such as "thru" for "through"). Hey, everybody's got quirks, so shaddup :) I have been a voracious reader since I was a wee lad, so my vocabulary is pretty extensive for someone who barely graduated high school, but in the last decade or so I've been influenced by 2 primary styles of communication. First there is Buffyspeak, a tough one to explain, but if you are a fan of Joss Whedon you'll get my drift. The second and more recent is teh interweb-speak. As in "teh interweb." I blame the Lolcats for that one. Teh damn Cheezburger-craving kittehs.


O.K., not the most impressive post ever, but it's a start. I have no clue what comes next, so hope you enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment